Wednesday 28 January 2015

2015



"To the nonbeliever, the person who sees no cosmos in chaos, we are all victims of the darkness which surrounds our choices; we have lost our way. There is no meaning. To serve any discipline in art... is to affirm meaning".  Madeleine D'Engle - Icons of the True.

The last few weeks have brought some pleasant surprises.
First, there was the news that some friends I created some commissioned work for some years ago have decided that they intend to hold an exhibition of a selection of this work in Cornwall in July, and they have invited me to be involved in the whole project. This will allow a public viewing of many of my fine art figure images in the area for the first time in several years. so I am delighted for this opportunity.

Secondly, a wonderful model I've previously worked with from America is back in the UK for a short time, and thanks to the assistance of friends, I was able to meet up with her with a short time a few days ago and create some new images.

Finally, there are two other possible art projects in the offing. Some friends and I are seeking to put together a photography workshop in June, and in spite of some initial set-backs, it looks as though this may still come together. I'm also currently assisting in a research project to look at the possibility of holding an event in the city which seeks to express the significance and value of the relationship between faith and art. We had our first meeting this week, and it was great to see lots of passion and interest for this...it's going to be interesting to see how this translates into a possible working scheme for an event.



What has really been affirmed to me in all of this is that it's vital to have and to share a common vision which allows you to take such steps. The longing in each of us, not only to exist, but to truly find and share a form of life which is replete with value and significance, truly, I think, affirms the image which we bear at our deepest. Whilst this is so often marred and forgotten, art can sometimes allow us to glimpse that remarkable truth in a fresh way.

I hope 2015 will bring about moments that allow such a grace.

1 comment: